Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WITH IT

I feel so very with it - you know, hip, up with the times, in.

My youngest is attending a music camp this week. Originally, this was supposed to be a "resident" camp, but, due to last minute changes, it is a commuter camp instead. That means, I drive her to camp every morning and pick her up every evening. Now, I don't really want to make the 40 minute drive twice each day, so I've adopted a different course of action...

After dropping Child #7 off at camp, I head to a local coffee shop. Here I sit, sipping a frothy, caffeinated beverage and typing away at the keyboard. Catching up on emails, researching potential writing assignments, plugging through my manuscript, etc. I'm one of three people in the shop currently hammering away on their laptops...such a prestigious group.

It's amazing how much writing I can get done when there is absolutely no possibility of my cleaning out my bedroom closet (ahem), or weeding the garden, or dusting the cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the living room.

Kitschy coffee shop. Laptop. Wi-Fi. I feel like a bona fide writer.

Now, if only we could work a paycheck into that equation!

No comments: