Wednesday, October 4, 2017

WEDNESDAY IN JAPAN

I can't think of anything that makes a person feel more like a near-goddess than bathing outdoors in the middle of a forest in a pool fed by a steaming hot river...

Sainokawara Open Air Bath
...except maybe bathing with your daughter and granddaughter after hiking up a mountain in brisk fall air.

Observations from a day of adventuring in Gunma Prefecture, Japan:

I always heard the Garden of Eden was located somewhere over in the Fertile Crescent, on the Sinai Peninsula. Perhaps whoever made that claim had never visited Japan.

On the train, on the bus, in a restaurant, on the street, in the shops...the Japanese people have overwhelmed me with their friendliness, helpfulness, and hospitality. The people here are beautiful.

I have an awesome son-in-law. Thank you, Justin, for this opportunity to not only enjoy time with your family, but to also explore your new home. It is lovely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that you and mom were able to come! Everything seemed to work out for us to be ready to have visitors just recently. We definitely needed the interaction and the feeling of comfort by being around people we know (hard to explain). It has really encouraged and motivated me just by having conversation with family. I feel stronger and more able to deal with the continuous stream of issues that come from living away from home and people that you know. Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you are enjoying it! We've enjoyed having you!

-Justin