Saturday, September 2, 2023

IT'S SEPTEMBER!

I am loving that September begins with a holiday weekend this year. Well, sort of a holiday weekend...I'm on call Monday evening, so no wild parties on Monday for me. But still, the idea of a holiday weekend is a nice start to the month.

September 2nd miscellany...

A friend at work shared some homegrown peppers with me. They are beautiful. I do not remember the name of this variety of peppers, only that it has the word "peach" in it. For pepper connoisseurs, these peppers have a "fruity" flavor. Jesse said they have a heat level similar to habaneros.

The peppers are beautiful, obviously, so of course I took them. But there's a problem: I don't do spicy hot.

Soooo, timid me had the idea of toning things down with a few additives. I used the peppers to make a peach-mango salsa.

Fresh peach-mango salsa
This stuff is DELICIOUS. Peppers, mangos, peaches, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, lime, red onion...YUM.

I was having so much fun playing in the kitchen that after making salsa, I tried another new recipe: New England Iced Tea. It's like Long Island iced tea but with cranberry juice and lime instead of cola and lemon. Soooo good. I'm on my second glass.

Anyway, since this is technically a holiday weekend, and since the just-past work week was such an absolute bear, that means I should be able to do fun things besides getting groceries, doing laundry, loading the dishwasher, paying bills, and feeding the people in my house, right? Right?!

Somebody, please tell me that's right...

For me, doing something fun, something besides the never-ending list of grown-up-people responsibilities, means...I get to have some time to write. I LOVE to write.

So here I sit, sipping on my second New England iced tea, with Ryan Gosling's I'm Just Ken looping in my brain, waiting for the muse to speak...

What a wonderful beginning to September.

No comments: