Saturday, November 4, 2023

LIFE IN THE VALLEY


"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me..." - Psalm 23:4a

The Psalmist assures me that when I walk through "the valley of the shadow of death," God will be with me. But what if I don't just walk through this dark place? What if this is where I live, day after day?

Another dear soul left this life to be with Jesus today. I knew this was coming. I whispered to this sweet soul yesterday, "Soon...very soon."

And yet, even knowing this death was a release from pain and suffering to new life and vigor, the news broke my heart.

It always does.

It. Always. Does.

I am grieving today, weeping...again. Grief and weeping are "part of the job."

It never gets easier. 

It. Never. Does.

God says through the Psalmist that "in the valley," He is with me.

What a strange and difficult calling, to live daily with my hand upon the veil.

He is with me.

Such great comfort.

He is with me.

No comments: