Grade and attendance reports for the spring semester, application and educational plan for the 2015-2016 school year, dual-enrollment worksheets, forms for 4-H events...and I am still not done.
I needed to take a break from shuffling paper, so I cleaned out a base cabinet in the kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are my current clean-one-thing-a-day project. Helen cleaned a cabinet, too. At this rate, we'll be able to check cleaning cabinets off the To Do list in record time. (I wish there was a way we could double-team the paperwork!)
Helen needed a break from school and from cleaning kitchen cabinets, so she is now outside practicing casting with a fishing rod.
I would like to take a longer break and spend a couple of hours here at the blog - but the day is almost over and I still have a sizable stack of paperwork to chug through. Sigh. The blog will have to wait.
But, just so I'm not tempted to feel sorry for myself, I want to list 10 things I am thankful for right now:
- A new poem today at Apples&Pears!
- A sweet girl on the front porch, playing with fishing tackle and listening to country music.
- Sheets dried on the clothesline.
- A new coffee maker - thank you, Ben!
- Homeschooling - even if it involves lots of paperwork.
- Friends who unfailingly point me to Christ.
- A cup of hot black tea in the afternoon.
- Dark chocolate.
- My exercise buddies at ADBC Fitness.
Also, proof copies for Confessions of a Homeschool Mom arrived today - I am SUPER excited about that!!!