Tuesday, May 17, 2016

ISN'T 5:00 SUPPOSED TO BE QUITTING TIME?

I have spent almost an entire day trudging through paperwork.

Grade and attendance reports for the spring semester, application and educational plan for the 2015-2016 school year, dual-enrollment worksheets, forms for 4-H events...and I am still not done.

I needed to take a break from shuffling paper, so I cleaned out a base cabinet in the kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are my current clean-one-thing-a-day project. Helen cleaned a cabinet, too. At this rate, we'll be able to check cleaning cabinets off the To Do list in record time. (I wish there was a way we could double-team the paperwork!)

Helen needed a break from school and from cleaning kitchen cabinets, so she is now outside practicing casting with a fishing rod.

I would like to take a longer break and spend a couple of hours here at the blog - but the day is almost over and I still have a sizable stack of paperwork to chug through. Sigh. The blog will have to wait.

But, just so I'm not tempted to feel sorry for myself, I want to list 10 things I am thankful for right now:

  1. A new poem today at Apples&Pears!
  2. A sweet girl on the front porch, playing with fishing tackle and listening to country music.
  3. Sheets dried on the clothesline.
  4. A new coffee maker - thank you, Ben!
  5. Homeschooling - even if it involves lots of paperwork.
  6. Friends who unfailingly point me to Christ.
  7. Grandbabies!!!
  8. A cup of hot black tea in the afternoon.
  9. Dark chocolate.
  10. My exercise buddies at ADBC Fitness.

Also, proof copies for Confessions of a Homeschool Mom arrived today - I am SUPER excited about that!!!
They're here!!!
Now, if I want more time to play here at the blog, or time to begin reading the Confessions proof, I guess I'd better get back to work on that stack of paper...

No comments: