Wednesday, October 24, 2018

CHERISHING THE ORDINARY

It's been a long day. For me: work, grocery shopping, laundry, dinner. For my youngest: school, work, and now homework.

I love a quiet evening at home, just me and this chicken. Upstairs in the office (aka "the boys' room"), she is working on a speech for Friday's Public Speaking class, while I catch up on emails, book-keeping, and writing assignments. She's drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows (more marshmallows than chocolate, BTW - nom, nom, nom); for me, wine.

As we sit across the table from each other in the glow of our respective laptops, work is interrupted frequently by short bursts of conversation and laughter.

"What do you think about...?"

"Hey, listen to this..."

This moment is precious not because it is extraordinary, but because it is ordinary...and it will soon be gone.


No comments: