"Where do you see yourself one year from now?"
I had no answer for this question, asked by one of my awesome kids. "I have no idea. When I try to think about the future, I can't see anything but thick gray fog. I can't see anything at all...can't imagine...can't even dream."
"I can," my child replied. "I see very good things. From where I stand, your future looks brighter right now than it has looked in a long, long time." This kind soul paused, then continued. "You cannot dream yet, Mom, so I will dream for you."
This conversation occurred several months ago. Today, when I try to imagine my life one year from now, I still see nothing but fog. But the fog is beginning to lift, get thinner. I believe that maybe...just maybe...I see a small glimmer of light breaking through.
I cannot make out any definite outlines or contours, yet, just a soft flicker of hope.
It feels like waking up...
No comments:
Post a Comment