Tuesday, August 1, 2023

10 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR RIGHT NOW

The youngest and I were both going through rough patches several years ago when we came up with a strategy called Name Three to help deal with the mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion that threatened to overwhelm us.

Name Three: Right now, name three things for which you are thankful. It could be anything...something silly or serious, small or big, important or seemingly inconsequential...anything the thought of which helped quash a proclivity to self-pity.

You know from the last post that it's been "a rough patch" for me lately. The Name Three game came to mind this evening, but I decided to up the game to 10. So, in no particular order, here are...

10 Things I Am Thankful for Right Now

1. A reliable car.

2. Healthcare benefits through work.

3. My coworkers.

4. Beautiful weather today.

5. A cold Modelo.

6. My dad's gumbmo recipe, and leftovers for dinner tonight.

7. The sweet smell of the 4 o'clocks blooming.

8. A roof that does not leak.

9. My awesome kids and grandkids.

10. JESUS, all day, every day.

Wow, I honestly do feel a little better already!

It is incredible how sweet these smell right now!



No comments: