Tuesday, June 2, 2015

HELLO, JUNE!

I haven't been on the blog in almost two weeks. Sigh. Writing on the blog is my Happy Time, my reward for taking care of other, more pressing things like folding the laundry, checking over Helen's chemistry, and meeting the deadline for next week's newspaper article.

There hasn't been a lot of down time here in Kendallville lately. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I felt any thing close to being "caught up."

Helen was checking the wall calendar in the kitchen one morning last week. "Mom, I can't even read this! There's too much stuff crammed on here!"

My mom used to have a saying:  "Feast or famine." Translation: there is either more stuff needing your attention than you can possibly get done - or - you have nothing at all to do and are twiddling your thumbs in boredom.

Our family activity level has had me feeling like I was drinking out of a fire hose lately. I'm about ready for a dry spell on the calendar...

Thankfully, June promises to be a little calmer than May, and I am looking forward to writing again soon.

(Maybe I'd better go block out several days on this new month's calendar, just in case things try to get all crazy on us again!)

No comments: