Sunday, October 9, 2016

TEN THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR TODAY (10/8/2016)



In no particular order, here are ten things I am thankful for today:

1. Sunshine and cooler temperatures.
2. Morning coffee and time to read my Bible on the front porch swing.
3. I have gas in the van and groceries for the week ahead.
4. Helen and I knocked out some overdue schoolwork this morning - woohoo!
5. My wonderful next-door neighbors.
6. Dennis, Justin, Abby, and Carly - because you love my children well, and because you are awesome people.
7. Geneva, Lizzy, Felix, Jules, and Baby P - blessings upon blessings!
8. Opportunities to write - not just for myself, but for others, too.
9. The encouragement and support of my children - Wow. Just, Wow.
10. Friends and family who have crossed over to Glory, whose memories tug my heart toward home.

TAG! It's your turn now - what are you thankful for today?


2 comments:

emily said...

1. Felix's face turns into sunshine and he yells "Daddy! Daddy!" and runs to give Dennis a knee hug when he wakes up and comes out of the bedroom.
2. My pastor and his wife
3. Deuteronomy. God's rules are not a burden, they are a blessing. I don't understand all the regulations and directions He gives His people in the Old Testament, but as a whole, they underline what a weighty and precious and glorious thing it is to be made in the image of God. To disrespect and abuse God's images is not OK. It is not OK. And so many of the rules make me cringe, because they acknowledge the realities of being a human in a cursed world, but they also comfort me, because they make it clear that God values His image also in the weakest and most vulnerable people.
4. A hobbit husband, whose heart is at home. Who loves his family, his home, and good food and good beer enjoyed with a few good friends. And DOESN'T love sports. :)
5. Both children resting AT THE SAME TIME (that's a rare occurrence!)
6. A new (to me) classic murder mystery + time travel puzzle book to read! Unless I fall asleep first ...
7. Geneva in the bathtub informing me she is going to be a paleontologist when she grows up. A girl paleontologist. Because she is a tyrannosaurus expert.
8. No knead overnight bread = mom's best friend. Total lifesaver. I can stir together a batch in three minutes at the end of a long day and we will have bread for the next day.
9. Mothers who pray for their children with persistence, faith, and tears. Not wasted.
10. New babies born and new friends met

Camille said...

Love!