Tuesday, January 23, 2018

THREE PRAYERS

Three prayers I pray with absolute confidence that God will hear and answer:

1. Lord, so work in my heart that I earnestly desire to know you better and to love you more. When my affection for you grows cool, grant me sincere repentance, and stir my heart again to flame. Help me to find in you - and in you alone - solace for all my hurts, abiding peace in place of my fears, and full satisfaction for my deepest longings.

2. If I am to know you better (and love you more!), I must spend time in Scripture, for that is where you reveal yourself to your people. Sometimes, though, my appetite is weak. Lord, create in me a hunger for your Word, and draw me daily to feed upon it. When I am busy with the demands of this day, bring what I have read in your Word to mind; help me to meditate on it, so that am nourished and refreshed by it all day long.

3. Keep me mindful of my complete dependence upon you, so that I come continually to you in prayer. Help me to remember that my Lord Jesus and your Holy Spirit intercede on my behalf, so that I never come to you alone, but always in mighty company. Let me never for one moment think that you hear and answer my prayers because of any faithfulness on my part, but only because of the unwavering faithfulness of my Savior, your Son, in whom I can pray with full assurance of your favor and with great boldness and confidence and with full expectation of being heard and answered.

No comments: