Seven kids. Kindergarten through twelfth grade = 13 grades each. Together, we have covered phonics, multiplication tables, the water cycle, calorimetry, American poets, cooking and sewing, and the geography of Subsaharan Africa.
And yet, for all that I have taught my children over the years, they have taught me far, far more.
My children have taught me...
- To feel deeply
- To value emotional and relational integrity
- To desire truth even when truth scares me
- To love with the ferocity of a lion
- To find beauty in that which initially appears unlovely
- To pant for grace
- To cry without shame
- To laugh without apologizing
- To dance in the sunlight
- To chase rainbows in the rain
- To fall asleep with a thankful heart and to wake with praise on my lips
While I schooled my children, they schooled me.
I received the greater education.