Wednesday, June 6, 2018

GRIEVED

I don't know which grieves me most: outright rejection of the gospel by those openly hostile to Jesus, or subtle twisting of the gospel by those who boldly proclaim the good news of salvation in Christ and who "Praise Jesus!" liberally.

Both break my heart.

What do I do with this deep sorrow?

For the first, I pray that God will open the eyes of the unbeliever, that He will show her the beauty of the gospel, that He will grant her faith and true repentance and the joy that comes with full assurance of Christ's sufficient provision for sinners who put their confidence not in anything they are or do, but in him. I plead for the life-giving work of the Holy Spirit in the unbeliever's heart, because only God can raise the dead.

For the second, I pray that God will open the eyes of the unbeliever, that He will show her the beauty of the gospel, that He will grant her faith and true repentance and the joy that comes with full assurance of Christ's sufficient provision for sinners who put their confidence not in anything they are or do, but in him. I plead for the life-giving work of the Holy Spirit in the unbeliever's heart, because only God can raise the dead.

I do not see much difference between No Gospel and Vibrant, Enthusiastic False Gospel. Both are spiritual death.

And so I pray. "God, do what only you can do!"

And I worship. "Thank you, Father, for Jesus. Give me Christ, Christ, Christ ALONE."

No comments: