This year - 2026 - has been a doozy. I have been sad...a lot. I cry easily. Life as I once knew it is over, and the future looks uncertain and scary.
But tears, heartache, grief, and fear are NOT the whole story.
I have slept better these past few months than I have slept in years.
I catch myself smiling for no particular reason.
I sing or hum when I cook or clean.
I laugh more.
I apologize less for simply being me and taking up space.
I have been tracking my blood pressure each day for the past several months: 126/70, 124/70, 116/70, 121/65, 117/68...Those are good numbers, y'all. CRAZY how much better my blood pressure is these days.
![]() |
| Earlier this year. Those are bad numbers, y'all...VERY bad. |
I am deeply grateful for the many evidences of God's faithfulness to me during a dark season.
And on a good day - a reeeeally good day, like today - I find I am beginning to dream. To imagine, in teeny-tiny ways, what life might look like, after all the heartache, confusion, hurt, pain, and loss.
The world is beginning to look a little bit brighter, Dear Friends.
God is sovereign. God is good. And God loves me very, very much.
* * *
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." - 1 Peter 2:9

No comments:
Post a Comment