Saturday, February 6, 2010

HEALTHQUEST BIGGEST LOSER - UPDATE #2

Wow - It's hard to believe HealthQuest's Biggest Loser contest is already more than half over. Time flies! I noticed in the newspaper's weekly status report that, at week four, I was in 14th place. WooHoo!

I would love to be able to write that the pounds are positively melting away, dripping off like so much butter in the sunshine. However, the weight loss has been slow and gradual. I've averaged losing about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each week, and am grateful for the consistently downward trend. Total lost so far: 8 pounds! At this rate, it doesn't look like I'll win the fabulouso grand prize - but, I may be able to fit into a size 12 before the end of spring. That would be an awesome "prize"!

Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement - it really is difficult to stick with this for the long haul, and your notes and comments have helped keep me going.

1 comment:

emily said...

I am really happy that you are doing this, Mom!