Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TITUS 2-SDAY - APPLE CRISP

Seems like I've got a theme going on Tuesdays! Well, it IS apple season, and beautiful fruit is ripening on the trees. Today, I'm sharing a recipe from a young friend, Ashley, for a delicious apple crisp. She posted this over at her own blog about a month ago, and our family has prepared it several times already. I like to make this with tart apples (like Jonathon apples from my friend Gaye!), but I think it would also be delicious made with peaches, blueberries, or tart cherries. I'd cut back on the sugar for peaches or blueberries, and eliminate the cinnamon for blueberries or cherries. This recipe is SO EASY and is one worth commiting to memory!

APPLE CRISP
4 c. thinly sliced Jonathon apples
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. sugar
6 Tbsp. soft butter
healthy dose of cinnamon

Grease baking dish and spread apple slices in dish. Combine other ingredients and spread over the top of your fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Yum!

(Note: The first time I made this, I used some really hard apples...ending up baking it 45 minutes to allow the fruit to soften. Also, I mix the topping ingredients w/ a fork, sort of mashing it all together until it's crumbly.)

No comments: