Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SIMPLE PLEASURES

Okay, I'm already missing last week's routine of working in the coffee shop in the mornings, writing at the University Center in the afternoons. There is just SO MUCH TO DO here at the house that I feel like I can't justify taking the time to sit down at the keyboard and write.

Besides the yard work and household chores, I seem to also be subject this morning to a thousand and one interruptions via technology. (Time to turn the phone OFF.) With jumping up and down between chores, and having a plethora of phone calls and emails to respond to, I am finding it impossible to do any productive writing this morning. Which wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if it weren't for the fact that I earnestly want to write. Blegh!

So, a lightning quick post and then it's time to go tackle my bedroom closet -

Here is a list of some of the simple pleasures I enjoy in life:

- A freshly mowed yard
- Sharing a glass of wine with Steve on the front porch swing
- Reuben's cooking
- Ben's wit
- Real mail in the mailbox (like letters from Tom!)
- My very silly chickens
- Helen's brownies and chocolate chip cookies (Amen?)
- The hollyhocks and black-eyed susans growing by the front steps
- Baby spam!
- Emily's poetry - Gah! A-maz-ing!
- The smell of rain in the evening
- Sheets dried on the clothesline (Thanks, Nate!)
- Updates from Japan
- Coffee in the morning
- Awesome next door neighbors
- Fresh squash from the garden
- Carol's four o'clocks
- Deer in the front yard
- Sourdough bread (especially toasted)
- Kitty sleeping on the end of my bed
- The smell of honeysuckle
- Meadowlarks singing in the hay field

This could go on and on and on . . .

I guess that mean's life is good.

Okay, now to tackle that closet.

(What would be on your list of simple pleasures, Dear Reader?)

No comments: