Friday, January 17, 2014

A COUPLE OF THOUGHTS

I am persevering at my goal of memorizing the eighth chapter of Romans. So far, I have verses 22 through 39 pretty solidly committed to memory. Monday, I'll be adding a couple more verses. (Okay, in case you were wondering, I'm working backward through Chapter 8. I learned the last verse first, and then added each previous verse until, now, I'm at verse 22. Guess I just have a tendency to do things backwards - what can I say?)

So, I read through verses 22-39 several times again this morning, then had Nate check me on my accuracy at reciting them. I just want to say - reading and reciting Romans 8:22-39 several times each morning is incredible. It's like standing on the threshold of Glory. Sometimes, half-way through the passage, I just have to stop because I am so overwhelmed by the goodness and mercy of God.

Yep, just stop right now and grab your Bible. Read Romans 8:22-39. Read it again. Read it one more time, slowly. See what I mean? Read it another time and you'll be dancing and shouting, "Hallelujah!"

On to another random thought from the squirrel cage that is my brain these days...

Today, I want to shout THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to Helen Kendall. While I've been trying to figure out how to juggle all the various aspects of this writing business and working on wedding plans and moping about not fitting into sparkly wedding clothes and scraping chicken poo off my shoes and trying to solve the recurring puzzle of what to have for dinner each night and planning a women's conference and...

While I have been chasing the squirrels, Helen has: labored diligently at her school work, challenged me to have sunny thoughts, car danced with me to Avicii's Wake Me Up, switched over the laundry, shared her cookie, played beautiful music for me to work to, and generally been the most encouraging cheerleader a mom could ever have.

Helen. Is. Awesome.

(And, she's also really, really, really ridiculously good-looking. Just sayin'.)

Now, it's time for me to gird up my loins and march into the rest of Friday...

No comments: