Wednesday, January 1, 2014

LET'S "DID" THIS!

I can't remember when I've met January 1st with such hopeful, optimistic anticipation for the year ahead. I'm thinking 2014 is going to be amazing!

I've put some burdens down - burdens I didn't have the strength to carry and that, honestly, I shouldn't have assumed in the first place. Ahhhhh...feels like a mountain has rolled off my shoulders.

I've accepted a couple of new challenges about which I'm super excited, including a greater commitment to writing. It is such a blessing to have a couple of assignments each day that I wake up looking forward to!

I'm learning new things, and that's exciting, too - learning new things about myself and about the people around me, learning new skills, learning more of the depth and sweetness of God's love for His children.

Lots of folks start off the new year with resolutions, things like reading Scripture daily (do it!), losing weight, exercising more, finishing that half-finished project, etc. We all joke about making resolutions, knowing full well that we will break them in a couple of weeks when the glow of the new year has worn off.

In past years, I've made lots of resolutions...and then broken them. I've made a few resolutions, and then actually kept them. Some years, I don't even think about resolutions. I've never thought New Year's resolutions were that big of a deal or gotten too excited about them.

But this year, I have made a couple of resolutions, things that I actually really want to do, and I can't wait to get started.

I recently read this motivational quip: "Turn 'going to' into 'did'."

Sounds like an awesome plan for 2014!

No comments: