Monday, November 22, 2010

10 THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR TODAY (11/22/10)

During corporate prayer at Grace last night, Justin encouraged us to voice things for which we were thankful. Often, he explained, our prayer turns into a litany of requests, with little time dedicated to thanking God for His good providence and many blessings. On the heels of Justin's reminder, here, in no particular order, are....

10 Things I'm Thankful for Today

1. I am thankful we have no raccoons living in our attic and that our house is not infested with fleas. (I feel another blog post coming on....)

2. I am thankful our roof doesn't leak like a sieve and our oober-efficient central heat works. Super thankful for a wood-burning fireplace - that's like icing on the cake!

3. I am thankful to live in the middle of a hay field, next door to the best neighbors in the world.

4. I am thankful for the bustle and babble of many small children in the sanctuary at Grace on Sunday mornings.

5. I am thankful for sisters in Christ who challenge me, encourage me, pray for me, weep with me, and who make me laugh. (Can someone explain to me again the difference between medicinal and biblical?)

6. I am thankful for the men and women who sacrifice their time and energy to "set the banquet table" week after week, praying over and preparing lessons to help grow and disciple the body of Christ at Grace Community Church.

7. I am thankful for a pastor who loves to study, and who then shares the fruits of his labors with the rest of us!

8. I am thankful for my amazing children, who give me so much delight and who, just by their presence, testify daily to God's covenant faithfulness.

9. I am thankful God has bounced me around the country and so orchestrated my life as to allow me the privilege and the blessing of knowing Jill and Bob, Jack and Susan, Cheryl, Jane and Dave, Katie and David, Larry and Lisa, Ken and Cindy, Shaun and Shannon, Mary, Katherine, Teresa, Donna, Jenny, Kay, Kathy, Melissa,....This list really could go on for pages. And, I am thankful that I'll have an eternity to enjoy these dear people in Glory!

10. I am thankful for strong assurances in Scripture that God is Sovereign, He is good, and He loves me very much.

Tag - Your turn! What are you thankful for today?

No comments: