Happy Thanksgiving! In honor of the occasion, I am sharing a quiz passed along to me last week by a friend. Have fun!
TEST YOUR PILGRIM KNOWLEDGE
1. What year did the Pilgrims come to America?
a.) 1116 b.) 1492 c.) 1620 d.) 1776
2. What was the religious orientation of the Pilgrims?
a.) Baptist b.) Calvinist c.) Catholic d.) Mormon
3. What nationality were the Pilgrims?
a.) English b.) French c.) Italian d.) Spanish
4. What was the original destination of the Mayflower?
a.) The Everglades b.) Hawaii c.) Massachusetts d.) Hudson River
5. How many people came over on the Mayflower?
a.) 22 b.) 72 c.) 102 d.) 502
6. How many people were left after the first winter?
a.) 10 b.) 50 c.) 100 d.) 150
7. Where were the Pilgrims living before they came to America?
a.) Canada b.) France c.) Holland d.) Spain
8. Who was the Indian who helped the Pilgrims plant corn?
a.) Pocahontas b.) Sitting Bull c.) Squanto d.) Tonto
9. Who was the governor of the Plymouth colony?
a.) William Bradford b.) Patrick Henry c.) Cotton Mather d.) Miles Standish
10. What food was NOT served at the first Thanksgiving?
a.) Beer b.) Corn c.) Pumpkin pie d.) Turkey
Check your answers and total your score (answers at bottom of post):
9-10 correct....You get an extra piece of pumpkin pie.
7-8 correct....You get the turkey leg.
5-6 correct....Take another corn-on-the-cob.
3-4 correct....You get the turkey gizzard.
1-2 correct....No beer for you this winter.
0 correct....Be prepared to be put in the stockade.
Answers: 1-c, 2-b, 3-a, 4-d, 5-c, 6-b, 7-c, 8-c, 9-a, 10-c
3 weeks ago