Monday, November 17, 2014

A GOOD DAY TO BE THANKFUL

When my oldest child was just reaching the age of 36, I realized that zombies would invade the earth in exactly three days. I had to do something. But what?

* * * * *

This, folks, is what happens when my youngest discovers that I have left the blog up unattended.

This morning, my own brain is rather like the snowy landscape outside my kitchen window - smooth, white, blank. I don't think there is a single coherent thought or interesting idea rattling around in my skull. Not one.

So, I asked Helen, "What would be a good idea for a blog post?" When I came back from switching the laundry over to the dryer, I found the above "prompt" waiting to stimulate my creative juices.

Helen is supposed to be working on chemistry. She is doodling on the banjo instead. Seems we are both having difficulty staying on task.

So, with banjo music echoing in my otherwise empty cranium, I am going to simply share some of the fun "leaves" on our family Thankful Tree. Can you guess who in my family is thankful for:...?

romantic, moonlit walks
my math genes
groovy music
symmetry
my beautiful twin
good preaching
cumulonimbus clouds
chocolate
cellos
(the fundamental theorem of calculus, which I am not even going to try to type out)
my amazing husband
fried food
wild parties
noodles
sarcasm

What are you thankful for today?


No comments: